Through the application of digital approaches, we facilitate connections between coursework, undergraduate research, and scholarly engagement that extend beyond Bucknell.
DP&S emphasizes the various ways that digital scholarship both broadens and deepens available learning environments for students at Bucknell. Digital pedagogy, projects, and research, are inherently interdisciplinary. To this end, faculty and students will foster a wider range of knowledge as they develop skill sets beyond their traditional academic designations. Further, the emphasis on process and experimentation inherent in the planning, development, and implementation of a digital project requires commitment, project management, reflection, and the development of interpersonal skills that will be invaluable as students move on in their academic and professional careers.
DP&S, in collaboration with faculty, help:
- Develop digital literacies
- Generate new knowledge
- Brainstorm ideas for integrating digital approaches in research and pedagogy
- Connect faculty and students across disciplines
- Facilitate research opportunities across institutions
- Identify funding opportunities
- Understand and implement project plans and timelines
- Pinpoint service learning opportunities
- Recognize instances to integrate digital scholarship into the nine Bucknell educational goals
- Train Multimedia and Technology Consultants who are able to work with faculty and students